We are committed to our core value of patient care. You can feel confident knowing we have revisited every step in your visit, with your safety and that of our staff in mind. We are evaluating new regulations as they emerge to ensure compliance to the latest guidance from state and local health authorities. We have also outlined rigorous disinfection and cleaning procedures after each patient encounter.
What is the staff doing differently
- Self-screen our temperature and oxygen level every morning and be sent home immediately if measurements are abnormal.
- Self-report of any COVID-19 symptoms or exposure to an individual with COVID-19. Employees exhibiting signs, symptoms or exposure will not report to work.
- Wear medical-grade masks when we are in close contact with patients.
- Hand hygiene, while always important to us, is even more emphasized.
- Schedule appointments with minimum 15-minute gap to reduce the number of people in office as well as allow time for thorough disinfection and cleaning.
- Screen patients who are making appointments for COVID-19 symptoms or exposure to an individual with COVID-19.
What to do prior to your appointment
- We ask that patients and anyone accompanying a patient to bring their own mask or face covering and wear it throughout the duration of the visit.
- We encourage patients to complete and print history forms prior to arrival. We will also have the forms available in our office.
- It is important to note that only patients are allowed in the exam room (guests may wait in the front office area). If the patient is a minor or otherwise in need of assistance, ONE person may accompany the patient.
What to expect during your visit
- We ask that patients and guests wear a mask or protective face covering during their visits.
- All patients are required to wash their hands with soap and water or cleanse with alcohol-based hand sanitizer when entering and before leaving our office.
- We will check the temperature and oxygen level of all patients upon arrival.
What we use in our office
- A clear shield on our slit lamp microscope to prevent respiratory droplet transmission during eye exam.
- 70% isopropyl alcohol and ultraviolet (UV) sterilizer.
- Frame vendor-approved hydrogen peroxide wipe or spray for disinfecting frames.
- Medical-grade masks for our staff.
Be safe, stay healthy. We welcome you to visit us and look forward to seeing you soon!